Pages

20.2.15

sick days // hard times.

 this post has been swirling around my mind for about 5 days now, but time to sit down and write has been scarce, arrow is sick. was sick. is still sick? I'm just not sure. 

let me start off by saying that being a parent is hard, inexplicably wonderful, but hard. the late nights, the fit throwing, the constant care, i can handle. there is nothing an ice cream cone, a quick time out  or a nap can't fix. however, the fevers, viruses, ear infections + tummy aches, i don't handle as well. i mean, i do, but i really hate it. arrow is normally so jubilant, happy + energetic, so seeing her with upwards of 102degree fever & lethargic, is in so many ways, just wrong. to be completely honest, it exhausts my head & heart, trying so hard to trade places with her & tell her its okay. my whole life has been put on pause this week just so i can't sit and watch her be sick. my pediatrician (who has quickly moved up my speed dial list) probably thinks after my daily check-ins, that i am a crazy person; but these are among the hardest days i have come across in my short 16andahalf months of being a mama & I'm in need of some serious reinforcements. these are the days filled with problems I can’t fix. all I can do is be near & i can tell you from my current situation, being snuggled up tight against my side seems to give her some temporary comfort, but it can't stop the next wave of nausea.. so add us into your prayers tonight! I've been trying to strike a deal with God all week, but i don't think thats the way it works :)

+ to all you parents out there with sick babies of your own, hang in there. its tough, but sooner or later, our little babes will be begging to go to the swingset & testing our patience, in the best way, again.


happy friday everyone! enjoy your weekend, wash your hands & double up on your emergen-c!

No comments:

Post a Comment