Pages

17.11.15

dear november.



dear november, 
let's face it. we have a strange relationship. its kind of a push/pull thing. you're pulling me in for 4 weeks, I'm pushing you away like the plague.... i'm just really not that into you.

november is an interesting month for me, i harbor some seriously ill will towards it, as if the month itself took my dad away + i'm not really into thanksgiving, i'm all for being thankful & spending time with family but i'd rather eat sushi than turkey and mashed potatoes. so i suppose the purpose of this post is to find things about november that i love! so lets start this thing over...

dear november,
thank you for the beanie weather! october tried its hardest, but you really came through & put that extra day in-between shower days & that is something to get excited about ;)

you also brought me snow. S N O W! first snow of the year and it wasn't a meaningless dusting! arrow had the opportunity to use her new snowsuit & even attempt an olaf! 

with your arrival i have started ordering my cold weather regular; tall chestnut praline latte from starbucks. hooray! plus, the lights are officially up and on in Old Town, making my red cup holding strolls even more dreamy.

you gave me husband! he turns thirty tomorrow and is trying his hardest to sweep it under the rug, i am doing quite the opposite. anything worth celebrating is worth going completely over the top for ;) thanks baby, for making my novembers better for the past 4 years!

kieran! november also gave me my littlest baby brother who turns 18 this year! what. in. the. world. bear, you've made november more than just the month rudely separating halloween and christmas for almost 18 years now... keep up the good work, i love you.

sales at target. who doesn't love a good sale at target?

thanksgiving break! a week off of work filled with family, truckloads of muddy buddies, pumpkin bread, a fresh batch of my dad's texas trash - courtesy of chris salvaggione, ample time to decorate for christmas, put my holiday playlist on repeat, no mariah carey, you are not invited (all i want for christmas is for you to stop.) & hopefully more snow!!

this list is short and its certainly not profound, but finding the things i love about november and focusing on them has gotten me halfway to december! yay me!


No comments:

Post a Comment