Pages

18.9.14

in with the new...

finally I can post (and gush) about the newest member of the schmantaggiony family!
yeah, schmantaggiony is a word. 
don't look it up, because I'm lying. 
(schmeecklegrantsalvaggionefry) get it?
ANYWAYS…
Lucy Harper Salvaggione is here!
she arrived at 10:10 on September 6th.
& sheesh are we glad she is here. she is such a littleTINY blessing. she has a full head of dark hair, just like her mama & blue eyes that'll melt your heart. 


I must admit, i don't remember Arrow ever being that small. it is all such a blur to me, I remember experiences like taking her home from the hospital in a carseat that looked too oversized and ominous to be right (it was.) or waking up to find her cuddled up against grants arm and thinking, wow, she is the tiniest thing he has ever snuggled with. without a picture on hand though, when i close my eyes, i only see the almost year old cutie with a tooth-filled grin who is currently sleeping beside me. Watching Hillary do it all over again is honestly, a bit frightening. She is handling it so beautifully, with Abel running around like a cute+crazy toddler & Lucy needing her near constant attention; i've said it before & i'll say it again, she was made for this. motherhood just suits her. 

as frightening as it is to me though, it also makes me want to expand my family once again & attempt to do what she is doing as well as she is doing it! I'm competitive, i need to make sure my skill set is up to par :) i think that day will arrive in good time though, & it will slap me in the face with the realization that i AM ready. for now, i'll just get my baby safely to one year {which is insanely close,} hold Lucy when i am having baby fever & watch Hillary + Chris take on this whole new world, helping and learning as much as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment