Pages

2.10.14

a year of light.

oh arrow, where do i even begin? i've been mentally planning this post for a month now & now here i sit, my keyboard eager to meet my fingertips; blank. i am finding it difficult to put how much i love my sweet daughter into words. i could easily put it into tears, remembering each memory, milestone & moment. 
one whole year of life. 
52 weeks of wonder. 
365 days filled with happiness & love, sticky fingers & middle of the night snuggles, laughter & plenty of crying, hugs & hand holding, tummy tickling & open mouth kissing. the moment i saw her, she changed me. she took all the pieces of my life that were suspended in the air, gently tucked them into place & opened my heart to a whole new kind of love. turned me from a wife to a mama and grant & i, into a family.
for the past year of my life i have been blessed with a front row ticket to the arrow show. i have watched her infant features become more childlike with each passing nap time. i have witnessed her smile turn terrible days around & her giggle set fire to a room. everyday, she fills my heart and soul with more love than i even thought possible & my every day is brightened because of her sweet existence. i simultaneously dread & look forward to her getting older & growing into an independent little lady. with dreams, hopes, and goals all of her own. but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. one is just, one. thank goodness.

i love you with everything i have little miss.


No comments:

Post a Comment